- Ownership doesn’t run out – leases expire and as they do extending them can be costly.
- Standard rules and regulations apply – which should make conveyancing simpler and cheaper
- Having a stake in the wider building – instead of being managed by a landlord, owners run shared areas together.
The Law Commision is asking for views on
- What the difficulties in creating or converting to commonhold are
- What issues make commonhold unattractive to homeowners
- What issues make commonhold unattractive in the wider property sector
- You can read and respond to the 12 questions set out in the call for evidence here.